Already using the iOS app; how do I add my windows 10 PC without reentering all my passwords?

Options

I'm already using 1password on my iphone, and would like to install it on my windows PC, too, without having to re-enter every password. I can't seem to find clear instructions for doing this. Can you point me in the right direction?

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: kb:faq

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2016
    Options

@yankeehomestead: Absolutely! You definitely don't want to have to enter everything manually again.

Since you're using Windows 10 and iOS, the best way to manage 1Password data between devices is 1Password for Families. It makes it simple to setup on each one, and you can also easily share with other members of your family too.

Alternatively, you can use the 1Password for Windows desktop app with Dropbox to sync your data between the two:

1. Install Dropbox on your PC.
    2. Setup Dropbox Sync in 1Password for Windows.
    3. Let Dropbox finish syncing your data (the icon will stop animating).
    4. Setup 1Password for iOS with the same vault in Dropbox from your PC.

When you're choosing the vault in step 4, you may be notified that there's a mismatch. That's okay! After all, you're trying to connect the two together. Just tap More Info and Merge to combine them and keep the same vault in sync between your PC and iPhone.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.