Is there a student price for !Password? I'm 73 and live on a VERY tight budget. THX

Options

I have a copy of 1Password recommended by The University of Southern Maine and, generally, I like it. It's just that it's a bit pricey for someone like me who has to live on Social Security -- is there a student price or discount available for us old guys?. One other question -- I have the extension installed on both Firefox and Chrome and they work fine; however, I'm wondering if there is a set of key strokes to open it rather than to have to drag the cursor up to the icon (Did I mention I'm lazy?). In addition, is there a way to set how long the Master Password keeps the app active rather than to have to use it again a few minutes after I entered it.

Thanks for your help,

Bill Grady

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:windows/, ug:windows/browser-settings, ug:windows/, ug:windows/preferences-warnings, kb:pro-features-faq

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Druid6331: I'm afraid we don't offer exclusionary discounts, but we do run sales over the course of the year which are available to everyone.

However, the 1Password for Windows 10 app is currently free to use in beta, or with 1Password for Families you can get a credit as part of the early adopter bonus.

But if you'd prefer to stick with the more traditional 1Password for Windows desktop app you're already using, you can use the Ctrl \ keyboard shortcut to fill a login for the current webpage, and Ctrl Alt \ will bring up the 1Password menu, much like clicking the button. You can also set the auto-lock timer in 1Password Preferences > Security.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.