Please help me to get my devices syncing 1Password

Options

I have 1Password on my Mac laptop, my desktop PC and my android phone. All 1Password software is up to date. Syncing is set up to be done via dropbox. The Mac and the android are syncing fine, but the Windows 1Password isn't syncing correctly. It has older logins and less of them that what are showing up in the Mac and android versions of 1Password.

I've read your support articles https://support.1password.com/guides/windows/sync.html and https://support.1password.com/guides/mac/sync-dropbox.html and am at the point where it says to contact you before I start messing with the naming of the vault in Dropbox.

Mac laptop - OSX 10.9.5 1Password 4 version 4.4.3
Windows desktop -Windows 10 Home version 1511 - 1Password 4.6.4.604

Can you please give me some directions on how to get 1Password for Windows in sync with the other devices?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@FionaPark: No problem! Since your Mac and phone are already syncing successfully, we can use those as a guide to get the PC syncing too.

In 1Password for Mac, go to Preferences > Sync and note the location of your vault in Dropbox there. Then, in 1Password for Windows, go to Preferences > General and note the location of the vault listed there. It sounds like these will be different.

Finally, if you choose File > Open 1Password Vault and select the same vault in Dropbox that your Mac is using, you'll be able to use the same data. Let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• FionaPark
    FionaPark
    Community Member
    Options

Hi brenty
    Thanks - I checked both of the things you suggested. I'm not sure if there is a problem after all. It was the number at the top of each interface that had me concerned. On the Mac the top of the left sidebar in 1Password says All Items and then has the number 91, while in the PC version the top left sidebar says Logins (81). I thought that the PC had 10 logins missing. However I've just gone through the list of logins on both devices are they are identical. So I'll ignore the 91/81 numbers and keep happily using 1 Password across both computers.
    Thanks for your help.
    Sincerely, Fiona

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@FionaPark: Ah, I'm really sorry for the confusion there! The 1Password for Windows desktop app uses an older category structure. For example, do you maybe have some "extra" items listed under "Accounts" on Windows? Many of these are converted to "Logins" in the latest version of 1Password for Mac. I just want to make sure that you're not actually missing anything. Going forward we'll be making this more consistent, and that will help. :)

• FionaPark
    FionaPark
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty
    All is good. There is definitely the same list of logins showing on each type of computer so I'm happy that the syncing is happening. Thanks for your help.
    Arrrrrrgh (pirate goodbye)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yarrr! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :pirate:

This discussion has been closed.