1Password pricing

Options
AGAlumB
AGAlumB
1Password Alumni
edited March 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows
This discussion was created from comments split from: Where to buy Windows license?.

Comments

• jandamf
    jandamf
    Community Member
    Options

I recently installed the trail version and my trail is up in 2 days. So I got ready to purchase the Windows version for $49 today and you have removed the option to purchase a Windows only version. My understanding is that the previous license allows it to be used by more than 1 member of the family, but now you pay more for versions I don't need and for only 1 person.

Now, I guess I have to go back and re-evaluate other products.

The

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jandamf: I hope you don't mind, but I've split you off into a separate discussion so we can focus on your pricing questions.

I am sorry about the confusion. We've recently changed 1Password to be a single desktop license for one price, because most people expect to pay once and use it on all of their computers — and we think that's pretty understandable, and frankly much simpler. So we now offer two options: a single 1Password desktop license and 1Password for Families.

With 1Password for Families becoming available, that's a much better deal for folks like you and I who want to keep our loved ones secure. Even if you really only need to use the 1Password for Windows desktop app, a 1Password for Families subscription entitles you and 4 other family members (along with 2 guests) to use 1Password on all of your PCs. But if your family is anything like mine, having access to all of the 1Password apps across all platforms (and a web interface) makes it even better.

Currently only the 1Password for Windows 10 beta supports 1Password for Families, but we've got an update to the desktop app on the way that will work on Windows 7 as well. And regardless, you can use local vaults with the apps too. Be sure to let us know if you have any questions! :)

• straygecko
    straygecko
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

@brenty

because most people expect to pay once and use it on all of their computers — and we think that's pretty understandable, and frankly much simpler.

Cool, does that mean Android licenses are included too? That would be useful, simpler, would be truly pay once and would make paying more make sense as I've got Android and don't have a Mac.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @straygecko,

No, it's one desktop license to cover both Macs and Windows PCs. The mobile apps still require their own in-app purchases.

The Families / Teams service is the only one that would include all desktop and mobile apps for a monthly price.

This discussion has been closed.