No Teams support in Windows 7 version of 1Password [We're working on it]

Options
oscar78
oscar78
Community Member
edited April 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi Guys,

today I was installing the 1password client to a Windows7, I went in the SETTING but with my surprise is missing the TEAM setting that I found in the MAC version.

So my question is simple.

Does the 1password client support the 1password for team ? or on windows only way is to use the Web interface?

There is any time line to release the support if is missing?

bye
OSCAR

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:teams-families-migrate

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@oscar78: Sorry for the confusion! The 1Password for Windows desktop app does not support 1Password Teams/Families yet. You can use the web interface or the 1Password for Windows 10 beta app to access 1Password Teams/Families though. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• duff2481
    duff2481
    Community Member
    Options

Seems like Win7 is of slight concern. I realize from a technology standpoint its 'the old guy on the block' but many have not switched. Especially those that use your product personally and professionally and want a coherent system for password management. While i appreciate your dedication to Win10, millions are still on Win7. While i have just switched to families and i'm enjoying it immensely and was thinking that i could FINALLY sync my passwords in a simplified manor since my mac and iPhone are iCloud and win7 is by itself and occasionally gets update I was a bit taken aback to see i can't use as it's not even within the win7 beta profile. based on no timetable on win7 i'm guess we'll have to wait for organizations to upgrade to win10 before having a seamless synchronization

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @duff2481,

Brenty probably meant to expand on the yet part next to the 1Password for Windows. We are in fact working on a new version of 1Password for Windows that'll run on Windows 7, support browser extensions and so on, but it's not yet ready.

There are two separate programs involved, the classic desktop program, 1Password for Windows and the Universal Windows Platform (UWP) version designed on run on both W10 desktop and mobile devices (heck, it even works on HaloLens), 1Password Beta for Windows 10. Both are being developed alongside each other but 1Password for Windows requires more time to get done.

Windows 7 is still the biggest share of the market and it will take several years for Windows 10 to catch up, so we're not planning to ignore Windows 7 at all, it just is taking us longer to work on the classic desktop program compared to the UWP one.

• duff2481
    duff2481
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT thank you for the follow-up the clarification makes me feel a bit better! keep up the good work. i'm enjoying families over the past couple of days since switching and must say it's much more fluid and functional!

• MikeT
    Options

You're welcome and I'm glad it helped a bit.

A lot of our customers feel the same way and they (and us too) wish we are further along on Windows side of 1Password Families. We are working as fast we can and can't wait to show more of what we have planned for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.