1password.agilekeychain is not a valid folder; dropbox is probably busy syncing your 1password data

hi,
I have 1password on my mac syncing to dropbox.
On my PC I get a message 1password.agilekeychain is not a valid folder; dropbox is probably busy syncing your 1password data, please wait.
the content of my dropbox folder on PC, web and Mac seem to by identical.
I have also tried to copy the 1password folder via a USB to my PC, same problem.
Why does not 1password on the pc recognise the 1password folder?
//Erik

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: win7
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@chersoph: look at the contents of 1Password.agilekeychain. They should be similar to this:

If something is missing, it would still likely work on the Mac since 1Password also has an internal database there. If it looks right and you're still having trouble, try File > Repair 1Password Vault and let me know if that helps!

• chersoph
    chersoph
    Community Member

Hi,
    the folder content looks the same on both mac and pc as on your screen dump.
    I'm on a Swedish mac and I cannot find what to chose since there is not choice under file the is repair.
    //E

• MikeT
    edited March 2016

Hi @chersoph,

The option to repair the vault is only available on the PC, but this wouldn't help if you can't select the vault to open first.

Just to be clear, when you ask 1Password to open the vault, are you selecting the 1Password.agilekeychain folder and not going inside of it? If you go inside the 1Password.agilekeychain folder and select something in there, 1Password will not open it and shows that error of it not being valid. Like this:

• chersoph
    chersoph
    Community Member
    edited March 2016

I'm asking 1password ot open the folder "1password.agilekychain"
    that is this link
    c:/Users/user/dropbox/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain

• chersoph
    chersoph
    Community Member
    edited March 2016

• Hi @chersoph,

Did you by any chance upgrade your PC to Windows 10 recently?

If you open the main 1Password program, do you see the Help Menu on top? If yes, please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• chersoph
    chersoph
    Community Member

I'm running win7
    When I start 1Password I have three choices
    1Password is new for me
    I have used 1Password before
    Reset 1Password from a backup

I have no menu on top.

• Can you send us an email at support+windows@agilebits.com with a link to this thread and we'll explain what to do next in there.

This discussion has been closed.