auto backup not working

I am using 1password v4.6.0.604 on windows 10. Auto backup no longer works. Whenever I launched 1password, it used to backup the vault database, but it no longer backsup. I have to manually click on Backup --> Backup Password Vault to generate a backup.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 x64
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:autobackup

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dakshesh: To be clear, 1Password shouldn't be saving a new backup if nothing has changed. The only reason 1Password would automatically save a new backup on launch is if it saw that the vault in Dropbox had been modified since its last launch (if you'd edited something on another device, for example). Does that explain what you're describing? Otherwise, it may be a permissions issue. You could try changing the backup location in 1Password Preferences. Please let me know what you find!

• dakshesh
    dakshesh
    Community Member
    edited May 2016

Hi, thanks for your response. I have selected auto backup option and even when data have been changed, it doesn't backup unless I manually select the backup option.

steps to reproduce:
    1. have 1Password installed on Windows PC
    2. setup auto-backup location to some other location, i.e. c:\mybackups\
    3. Make some changes in 1Password data
    4. configure 1Password Windows to "enable auto backup", # of copies of keep: 10, perform backup every: day
    5. Quit 1Password and re-launch
    6. No backup at c:\mybackup
    7. Next day, launch 1password, no backup
    8. It never auto-backups unless I select Backup --> Backup 1Password Vault, then it creates a backup at c:\mybackups\

I have been using 1password for a while and autobackup worked fine until recently. Now, I have to remember to backup it back manually to avoid losing data.

• Hi @dakshesh,

To narrow down the steps, did you test it in its default location for Backups?

Set it to Documents > 1Password > Backups and test it on the next day, did it back up?

Note that it checks once a day, not per launch.

• dakshesh
    dakshesh
    Community Member

Mike, yes I set backup location to default but no luck. Is anyone having this issue too or just me?

• Hi @dakshesh,

If you set it now, that means you have to make changes and then wait 24 hours to see if it does the automatic backup.

So far, we haven't seen anyone else reported this issue and my backups are created when I make changes.

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

This discussion has been closed.