1password cannot mail it's error reports with outlook 2013 on windows 10

Outlook 2013 is my standard email app in windows 10, but I get an error when 1password aborts and tries to send an error report.
The error message is "no standard email app installed" or something similar.
1Password aborted on closing the app (this is very rare).

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Version 1511 (Build 10586.164)
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:outlook mail

Comments

• dsattler
    dsattler
    Community Member

This is a hardcopy of a similar error message:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dsattler: I'm sorry for the trouble! Unfortunately this is a known Windows 10 issue with Outlook and a few other clients. While it will work if you use the built in Windows 10 Mail app, since you probably don't want to switch clients the best thing to do would be to save it (Help > Diagnostics Report > Export to File). Then you should be able to attach it from within Outlook itself. I hope this helps! :)

• dsattler
    dsattler
    Community Member

Great! Which is the correct email address to send this file to?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dsattler: Ah, I'm sorry for not saying so! I'd assumed that another AgileBits team member had already requested it and given you the address. :(

Just send it to support+windows@agilebits.com and be sure to include details on the problem you're having so we can help you find a solution. Cheers! :)

• dsattler
    dsattler
    Community Member

Got it, thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• Hi @dsattler,

Let us know when you've sent it or if you did get an auto-reply from our BitBot, let us know the unique ID# it gave you, so we can track it down for you. Right now, I don't see any emails with your forum profile's email address.

• dsattler
    dsattler
    Community Member

Hi Mike,
    this error is very rare. The next time it occurs I will send the report to support+windows@agilebits.com!
    Thanks for the quick response! :)

• Hi @dsattler,

Ah okay. In this case, please click on the blue link in the error dialog to open it in NotePad like so:

Save that file in NotePad and include that as a file attachment to support+windows@agilebits.com. Do not use the Help Menu > Diagnostics Report because it won't contain that error information.

Thanks!

• dsattler
    dsattler
    Community Member

Got it, thanks! :)

• You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.