PW is not syncing on PC with Dropbox after following instructions. How to sync?

nlb
nlb
Community Member

I installed a DB extension on my computer. When I go to Preferences in PW1, the box "move to DB is grey.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win7 pro
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:PW is not syncing on PC with Dropbox after following instructions

Comments

• Hi @nlb,

It will be grayed out for two reasons:

1. Your 1Password vault is already in the Dropbox folder and doesn't need to be moved
    2. The desktop Dropbox client may not be running. You'll need to install the regular desktop client from https://www.dropbox.com and not the one from the Windows Store.

To rule out #1, open the main 1Password program, unlock, and go to the File Menu > Preferences > General. Next to 1Password Vault is your path to the 1Password vault folder, is it located inside your Dropbox folder? If yes, you're all set to go.

For #2, do you see the blue Dropbox icon in your system's notification tray area? If not, then it isn't running. Try reinstalling Dropbox from the website and restart your computer afterward, it should then start syncing your data. Make sure you do see the blue Dropbox icon in the system tray.

• nlb
    nlb
    Community Member

Everything that is described above is true and that's what I have... but
    it does not sync! I have 34 entries in my desktop PW1 and only 32 entries when
    I open PW1 through DB web interface.

• Hi @nlb,

Do not rely on the 1PasswordAnywhere web app on Dropbox.com, we've phased it out and will not support it anymore. It doesn't handle all the latest changes we make to your data files.

Can you tell me what other computer or mobile devices you're using that's syncing with Dropbox that has 1Password on it?

This discussion has been closed.