I am locked out. I recently upgraded with a new license. I know I am using the correct master passwo

spressman
spressman
Community Member
edited April 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I am locked out. Everything was working fine on my PC and iphone. I was trying to see if I could access my passwords from the ipassword sight because I wanted my daughter to have emergency access to all my passwords from her computer. I logged onto Dropbox and was unsuccessful, then when I tried to get on the app again I was locked out. Didn't work from my iphone or pc. I recently upgraded my license for $32. Here's my license key. [Removed key]
This is very alarming as I have loads of passwords. I have relied on 1password for years and now I don't know what to do.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:account-key, kb:master-password-not-accepted

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @spressman,

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I have removed your license key from your post to protect your privacy, as this forums are public and anyone can see it. I hope your problem gets solved soon. :chuffed:

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @spressman,

As you've been a 1Password user for a while you are using 1Password in what we're now referring to as personal/standalone mode. You purchased a licence which allows you to run 1Password for Windows and you create the vaults locally on your computer. If you want to sync them it was either by Dropbox or Wi-Fi Sync depending on your situation and your preferences. In this configuration we store no data on your part, have no access to your vault and beyond a few simple suggestions, cannot assist somebody in gaining access to a vault that they don't have a Master Password for. You have no account with us beyond the fact that we maintain a database of purchases to properly store your licence key.

This has changed recently so there is a new option called either 1Password for Teams or 1Password Families. Here you do have an account with us and their is a web portal where you can log in and view your Teams/Families vaults online. This is very separate from having a licence though and the account key it requires is generated when you create an account, it isn't related to your licence key at all.

I write this just to make sure there isn't any confusion. If you're saying you're opening your vault in 1Password for Windows or 1Password for iOS and your Master Password is no longer working that is troubling. The following links are really all we have in these situations because, as the first link states, we cannot reset a Master Password or help anybody gain access to a vault that won't unlock.

I hope something there helps and of course if I've misunderstood any part of your current situation please do let us know where I've misunderstood so we can properly help.

• spressman
    spressman
    Community Member

OK, I solved the master password lock out problem. Embarrassed to say I was using an older password. Now, I would like to allow my daughter to access my vault in an emergency. Are you saying that I can use Teams/Families for this purpose? If so, how do I do this? Is there an additional charge? Thank you

• Closing this thread and continuing the discussion in @spressman's other thread.

This discussion has been closed.