"code signature could not be verified" issue after following the help, still not work

kowin
kowin
Community Member
edited April 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I have just got the problem on "code signature could not be verified", I have already tried to restart both Chrome & Firefox browsers, restart my computer couple times, or even remove the extension and reapply the extension, but the error message is still there and I cannot use the 1password at my browser.

However, I can see the IE extension is still working fine.

Please suggest what I can do next to fix the issue. Thanks.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90
OS Version: Windows 7 Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:code-signature

Comments

• Hi @kowin,

Thanks for writing in.

This points to some third party software interfering with the WebSocket communication between the 1Password Helper (our background application) and the extension in Chrome and Firefox. It also explains why Internet Explorer isn't affected because its add-on communicates with the 1Password Helper differently.

Most commonly anti-malware software, proxy servers, or firewalls cause this.

Can you please tell us which anti-malware software you're using and whether you're using a proxy server or similar software?

Cheers!

• Mike_JM
    Mike_JM
    Community Member

I have the same problem which started a couple of days ago. I am using BitDefender Total Security 2016 and Windows 10. I would also appreciate a fix as the extension is unusable.

Thanks

Mike

• Hi @Mike_JM,

BitDefender didn't use to interfere but a recent update in their product might've changed things to block 1Password from working correctly, you'll need to configure it to allow 1Password to work. For now, let's make sure it is caused by BitDefender and not something else.

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• Mike_JM
    Mike_JM
    Community Member

I've tried to generate the diagnostic report, but nothing seems to happen - there is no zip file being generated that I can see.

Any advice please?

• MikeT
    edited April 2016

Hi @Mike_JM,

That's another sign that there's a third party tool on your system interfering with 1Password.

Try to disconnect the network, disable BitDefender completely, restart 1Password and see if you can generate the report.

If it still doesn't do anything, turn on BitDefender first before reconnecting the network and send us an email without the report with the link to this thread and your forum username, so we can connect the email to this thread.

Thanks!

ref: NUF-22561-514

This discussion has been closed.