Getting the app to have all the data from computer verison of 1password

I just purchased 1 password for single user. I have a PC and also a iPad. I would like to sync the app to the version I have on the PC. I have tried syncing over dropbox it did nothing and I also tried wifi figuring that would be the easiest. It keeps giving me an error or the operation times out and can not complete the sync. Do I have to purchase pro for the ipad? Or am I just doing something wrong?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.6.b2
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: wifi
Referrer: kb:sync-options, kb:teams-families-migrate, kb:teams-families-setup, ug:windows/sync-wifi

Comments

• Hi @CSuarez88,

Thanks for reaching out. We're going to help you get everything set up.

Assuming you've followed our 'Sync with Dropbox' guide to set up Dropbox on your iPad, the data should already be on their servers.

If that's the case, then you should only have to open 1Password for Windows and select the correct file.

What did you do differently?

• CSuarez88
    CSuarez88
    Community Member

I have been working on this for a while. I didn't realize at first that you have to download the drop box app, I don't really want that on my computer. Hm. Okay Let me explain what I did. I bought and downloaded 1 password on my PC windows 10 and I have an ipad so I downloaded the app from the app store and then I tried to connect it. So in dropbox i saved a file through the website and then tried to sync it didnt work obviously. So then I kept trying to sync with the wifi, ipad was/ is connected to the PC through USB but it doesn't work it says error or fail. So when I received this i downloaded the dropbox app and connected that way and it worked. I just don't want to keep the app on my computer as it makes it run slowly. How can I solve this issue. I hear I should have bought it through itunes but I didn't do that I heard that after I ordered it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@CSuarez88: 1Password cannot sync via USB. And while Wi-Fi Sync is an option, it depends entirely on everything in your network being setup correctly too:

Wi-Fi Sync troubleshooting

Dropbox is a much easier option. However, it does require the app be installed on your PC. Otherwise your data will not sync with Dropbox.

Dropbox Sync troubleshooting

Are you already using 1Password on your PC? Have you saved data there? Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me all OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action.

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you receiving some sort of error when you try to sync with Dropbox? Thanks in advance! :)

• CSuarez88
    CSuarez88
    Community Member

Okay, I really appreciate your help.
    So here is all my info.
    1. My PC OS is Windows 10
    2. My iPad runs on iOs
    3. My iPad Model # is MD542LL/A (it is an Apple iPad Mini- WiFi + 4G-Verizon- 64GB
    4. 1 password on the PC is version 4.6.0.604
    5. 1 password on the iPad is version 6.3.1 purchased from the App Store for free
    6. I am connected to my home wireless on both the iPad and PC.
    7. When I purchased my 1password account I downloading the app for windows on my PC and started generating and storing passwords.

What I do:
    1. I open up 1password on my PC and on the iPad
    2. I go to sync on the iPad and choose start syncing
    3. sync using wifi
    4. It tells me to open 1password for mac or windows and to select wifi sync or file wifi sync and to make sure this iPad and PC are connected to the same wifi network (which it is)
    5. I get a secret code and I see my PC option on the iPad.
    6. I select my PC on the iPad.
    7. I enter the Secret Code.
    8. I click sync.
    9. I wait, leaving the 1 password screen with secret code open on the PC.
    10. A message box comes up and says: "The operation couldn't be completed. Operation timed out."
    11. I click More Info.
    12. It says: Sync Problem Error Domain= NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=60 "operation timed out"
    13. I click Dismiss and throw a temper tantrum and try again lol

• Hi @CSuarez88,

There are two reasons for that error:

1. The time and date is out of sync between PC and the iPad, the sync is very sensitive to time/date. Make sure both devices are syncing to the same time server and they are showing the same date and time including the seconds
    2. Your PC's home network is set to private, which blocks the sync traffic

For the latter, here's how to fix this:

1. Click on Start Menu, go to Settings and select Network & Internet
    2. Click on the Wi-Fi on the left side bar and then click on the Wi-Fi - Connected button (if the PC is wired, choose Ethernet)
    3. Now, turn on Make this PC discoverable

Log out and log back in, see if that helps.

• CSuarez88
    CSuarez88
    Community Member

THANK YOU!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

• You're welcome * 4.

:smile:

In the future, do reach out to us on the same day if you are experiencing issues with 1Password, we're always here to help.

This discussion has been closed.