Cannot resolve "Google Chrome is connected but its code signature could not be verified."

I have restarted my computer and tried to configure Windows firewall settings, but without success.

Please let me know if you need more information.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:code-signature, kb:configure-windows-firewall-proxy

Comments

• Hi @idealtopic,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

That's usually the effect of anti-malware software being overzealous and blocking the connection between the 1Password Helper (our background application) and the Chrome extension.

Which anti-malware software or security/networking software are you using?

• idealtopic
    idealtopic
    Community Member

Just the standard windows firewall (to my knowledge). I think I have some free Norton-software, but can't find it and configure it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@idealtopic: You can't find it? :fearful:

Anything that's blocking the connection will prevent 1Password from communicating with the extension, so you'll really need to either configure whatever is causing this issue to make an exception for 1Password, disable the 3rd party software, or remove it:

Windows firewall and proxy settings

Unless it's very ill-behaved, it should at the very least be listed in Windows installed programs so that it can be uninstalled.

Unfortunately it's impossible to be more specific than that without know what exactly is actually causing the problem for you. Please let me know what you find!

This discussion has been closed.