Check for Update Failed . 1Password 3.5.1

Hi all!

I am and old (and pleased) user of 1Password. For different reasons (well, mainly that my old Mac was getting slower and slower) I stopped updating 1password after 3.5.1.
Now I have a newer Mac, I have installed via Timemachine, and when I try to update it, I get the following error :

Check for Update Failed
Check for Update failed with error: Failed to contact server: Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-1003 "A server with the specified hostname could not be found." UserInfo=0x6000000f0700 {NSUnderlyingError=0x610000242100 "A server with the specified hostname could not be found.", NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=http://agilewebsolutions.com/update/check/1PW3;1PW3;/3.5.1/30802/1095/English/NO, NSErrorFailingURLKey=http://agilewebsolutions.com/update/check/1PW3;1PW3;/3.5.1/30802/1095/English/NO, _kCFStreamErrorDomainKey=12, _kCFStreamErrorCodeKey=8, NSLocalizedDescription=A server with the specified hostname could not be found.}.

Please try again later

I guess it is maybe because my 1P version is too old, but I don't know how to update it.

Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: 3.5.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Rul,

It's awesome to hear that you're happy with 1Password. That's fantastic! I'd be happy to help get you updated.

Now, the latest version of 1Password 3 is 3.8.2. You can download this version from our website - just scroll to the bottom for the Legacy versions. To get it installed:

1. Open a Finder window to /Applications.
    2. Find 1Password and drag it to the Trash.
    3. Empty the Trash.
    4. Open your Downloads folder and move the new copy of 1Password to your Applications folder.

Don't worry, your data is stored in a separate location, so moving the old app to the Trash will not affect your data. It is important, however that you do not use an app cleaner in this process, as they might try to delete your data and other associated files that you'll need later.

The latest and greatest version of 1Password, however, is 1Password 6, and it has some great new features and a lovely UI that will be a great fit for your shiny new Mac. It will be a paid upgrade, but the new features such as Multiple Vaults, a ton of improvements to 1Password's filling algorithms and a gorgeous new interface makes it well worth the cost. Best of all, as an existing 1Password user, you get a sweet discount on a new license. Just enter your existing license information on our upgrade page to see the cost of a new license. The upgrade instructions will be included in the license email you receive, or you can follow our guide here.

Whether you decide to stick with 1Password 3, or check out the new hotness, I hope this helps! If you have any further questions, we're here for you.

This discussion has been closed.