Windows 7 to 10 Upgrade. 1Password does not now recognise my Master password.

PCD
PCD
Community Member

I've upgraded today to Windows 10. I've used 1Password for many months without any issues. Now, after the W10 upgrade, my 1Password Master password is not recognized. I use DropBox which is where I believe 1Password stores my data for 1Password. I've also now, today, been locked out of my Android version, probably for typing in the "incorrect" - but I KNOW it WAS the correct password.

Please can you help.
Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:forgot-master-password, kb:master-password-not-accepted

Comments

• PCD
    PCD
    Community Member

Hi again
    It's now all OK so thought you should know.

JFYI, Since my first message to you earlier today, I've now restarted Windows 10 for the first time after the upgrade from Windows 7 (ie other than restarts that MS forces during the upgrade process).

My desktop now looks different, it has all my old links, desktop items, screen saver etc. AND 1Password now recognizes my Master password and is working just fine. In summary, I thought the upgrade process was finished but now realize it needed one more manual restart..

Apologies for bothering you.

• Hi @PCD,

Thanks for contacting us.
    That is indeed a bad situation and we want to help you get this fixed as soon as possible.

This is the first time we've received a report of something like this happening after the upgrade to Windows 10 and it seems highly strange.

To start off I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• PCD
    PCD
    Community Member

PS The Android problem is also fixed - a few weeks back I changed my Master password on the PC version and assumed that this would'populate' to my Android phone version. Yeah, I know what assumptions are .... :S

• PCD
    PCD
    Community Member

Thanks Alex, my follow up e mails must have arrived just as you sent your reply! Thanks anyway for quick response and as you can see, all is now fine. My apologies once again.

• Hi @PCD,

No worries, we're just happy you're all good to go.

This discussion has been closed.