No lock in system tray after installing the last update [Restart PC to fix this]

alexhappel
alexhappel
Community Member
edited April 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi,

Just want to let you know that I installed the latest version of the 1Password application on my Windows 10. I did NOT see the lock icon when I was closing it or minimizing, I did go to settings and I did uncheck and check the option to show the lock icon in taskbar. It didn't do anything as well. I did a restart, now it's working.

My concern is, not everyone is willing to understand this and do this, so please troubleshoot it on your Windows machines. (I am an IT admin myself, so for me this is not a big concern, but unfortunately most of the people are just users that want privacy and a app that works out of the box without checking/unchecking. If it needs a restart, then let the users now, if not, then try to fix this bug as this is not very clear to users. Thanks.

Regards,
Alex

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @alexhappel,

Are you saying you didn't get the prompt to reboot after the last update? We have tested it and it did prompt us to reboot.

The last few updates did need a reboot and based on what we saw, there were prompts shown to a few customers that wrote in to us.

This discussion has been closed.