I would love to see Opera support for Windows - any plans in this direction?

atk
atk
Community Member

cpu and memory consumption of firefox and chrome is far too high and slowing down my system - even with an i7 cpu and 16 GB of RAM

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 (64 Bit)
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Opera Support

Comments

• MikeT
    edited April 2016

Hi @atk,

Opera already is supported in 1Password since it can use Chrome extensions.

Open this page in Opera and follow the instructions: http://www.agilebits.com/browsers/index.html

Firefox is usually lightweight with RAM usage but the more extensions you add to the browser, it will consume more memory and CPU usage. This is true for all browsers on all platforms, it's just the nature of how they work.

If you still want to use Firefox, my suggestion is to reset Firefox and try with 1Password only, see if it remains lightweight.

• atk
    atk
    Community Member

thank you for the quick answer - actually I don't use a lot of extensions in firefox, there are just three and it still uses up to 1 GB RAM and 25 % of CPU

• MikeT
    edited April 2016

Hi @atk,

I have Firefox running with 3 extensions as well with two sites open and it doesn't use more than 300mb with 0% CPU. However, I have a different PC with Firefox with 3 different extensions and it caused 1GB of memory with no tabs open and 2% CPU usage, I had to reset and it fixed the issue, dropping it down to 200mb and 0% with no extensions except 1Password.

It varies based on your configuration. By default, Firefox does not use that much RAM or CPU.

I would suggest resetting Firefox, your profile may be filled with configuration settings that caused the issues.

This discussion has been closed.