Windows app unable to check for update

Hi folks, I receive the attached error when checking for updates from the Windows Desktop app. The PC in question is my work one and I am behind a corporate web proxy server. However, I can get to the update URL https://app-updates.agilebits.com/ from the web browser.

Please advise if there is an issue at this time with the update URL/ Server(s)

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90
OS Version: Windows 7 SP1
Sync Type: Dropbox (hopefully)
Referrer: forum-search:update check failed windows 7

Comments

• Hi @Moss2000,

Have you try entering the proxy information in 1Password? If you haven't done so, open the main 1Password program and go to the File Menu > Preferences > Network to enter the proxy server information or use the Auto-detect proxy settings if you don't know the information.

After that, try checking for new updates again. There is no new update right now, so it should confirm there is no new update available.

The issue isn't on our side but 1Password is being blocked by your network settings.

• Moss2000
    Moss2000
    Community Member

Hi Mike, thanks for the reply. I had already populated the proxy settings as advised but I got the same error when checking for updates. I suspect the root cause is the web proxy server although it's odd that I can get to the URL via web browser.

• Hi @Moss2000,

Try using No Proxy server, close the app and restart it, see if it would reach it.

Each app can be different in how it reaches the server, it just depends on how the proxy is set up.

This discussion has been closed.