Code signature couldn’t be verified--one computer only [Moved to email support]

mbernard
mbernard
Community Member
edited April 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I’ve used 1Password for a few years on my iPads. I've been running the Windows version in demo mode, and I’d like to buy it. But I only want to do so if I can run it on Vivaldi.

I’m using the latest update of Vivaldi:
Vivaldi 1.0.435.42 () (32-bit)
Revision 575538bc320e213510be1e66f3521382e615129d

1Password runs in Vivaldi on my x64 Windows 10 Pro laptop, but not on my (ditto) desktop, though they’re configured virtually identically in every respect. I run Windows Defender and Malwarebytes in both. The machines are on a small ‘work’ network. The desktop is ethernet only, the laptop wifi only. I’m not using a proxy server. In Windows firewall in both machines Vivaldi is shown as allowed in both Private and Public.

In the desktop I get the message, ‘Chrome is connected but code signature couldn’t be verified.’

I’ve done all the easier/quicker things listed on the page: ‘https://support.1password.com/code-signature/’. But not the ports. I don’t want to open up a whole lot of ports if I still won’t be able to use the program.

When I googled ‘ipassword vivaldi’, I found: ‘For now, you can disable the code signature check via the 1Password's Help Menu > Advanced > Verify web browser code signature and 1Password should work in Vivaldi.’

I can do that in the laptop, but I can’t get into it in the desktop, even after uninstalling and reinstalling it. I only get the error message.

Unfortunately my main use for iPassword is on my desktop computer.

I hope you can help me.

Mary

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 x64
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @mbernard,

We've added support for Vivaldi in the 4.6.0.604 update already, so there's no need to turn off verify web browser code signature anymore and I'm using it with Vivaldi 1.0 here with no issues.

So, this isn't an issue with Vivaldi or 1Password but a third party interference on your desktop.

I only get the error message.

That only shows up in the extension. The Help Menu is in the main 1Password program. Open the main 1Password program and go to the Help Menu > Advanced to deselect Verify web browser code signature to see if it does anything. I suspect it may not.

If not, try to disable the network, then disable Windows Defender and MalwareBytes temporarily, restart Vivaldi and see if 1Password works in it.

• mbernard
    mbernard
    Community Member

Hi MikeT

Thanks for your help. You're right, I hadn't opened the main program, just the extension.
    I was able to uncheck the Verify web browser item in Help, and I've now bought and registered the program.

I'll try later on to disable the network, Windows Defender and MalwareBytes, and see if I can turn on verification.

Mary

• Hi @mbernard,

Please let us know how it turns out and if it doesn't work, email us your 1Password diagnostics report. Use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• mbernard
    mbernard
    Community Member

Hi

It seems as if Windows Defender is the problem. If I turn it off, I can turn on 'Check verification', and the 1Password extension works in Vivaldi. But now I've got a new problem. When I do 'Help > Diagnostics Report > Export to File', nothing happens. I don't get an option to save a zip file to the desktop--and it hasn't saved one automatically, either to the desktop or to my download folder.
    What next?

• MikeT
    edited April 2016

Hi @mbernard,

The diagnostics report issue, is that happening with Windows Defender turned on and off?

• mbernard
    mbernard
    Community Member

Both.

• Hi @mbernard,

Can you open up the Windows Defender program, go to the History tab, and click on View details on the bottom, do you see any files being quarantined? Also select, All detected items to see its details, anything related to 1Password?

• mbernard
    mbernard
    Community Member

Nothing at all in Quarantined or All detected items

• MikeT
    edited April 2016

Ok, we might need to try generating the report manually. Could you send us an email at support+windows@agilebits.com with a link to this thread along with your forum username and we'll reply with the instructions on how to do this.

Let me know when you sent the email, so I can look for it.

• mbernard
    mbernard
    Community Member

Just sent it--M

• Thanks, I've replied to it already.

• mbernard
    mbernard
    Community Member

No joy. No files starting with 1Password in the Temp folder.

I then tried to generate a .zip file in my laptop (also Win10 x64), from the help, diagnostics, export to file. Nothing happened. When I tried again and went to the temp folder, no 1password files there.

So I tried on my old laptop, Win7 Enterprise x86. There I was able to create a 1Password.zip from the Help, Diagnostic report, export... menu.

So it might be a Win10 problem--or maybe I've got something configured differently in the Win10 machines.

I wasn't sure whether to reply via email or here, so I've done it here. Please do let me know if I should continue email threads by email.

Mary

• Hi @mbernard,

Let's move this to the emails only, I'll reply to your email and I'll close this for now, so we'll only have to look at the emails.

This discussion has been closed.