I purchased 1P from the Mac App Store but I want to install it on a Windows machine as well

I've been a 1P user for many, many years. I've advocated for you guys a ton and have got a number of people to become customers. I'm a big proponent of 1P.

I originally purchased a version directly from AgileBits and then subsequently upgraded to a Mac App Store version (as well as the Pro version on iOS). Now I have the need to install it on a work machine that is running Windows. How do I go about doing that? I know that 1P 6 licenses include Mac and Windows installs for the same person, but I'm at a loss as to how to do it. I don't see any license code in the 1P screens that I could use when installing the Windows version.

Also any advice on how I will have to change my sync settings? Am I correct that I will have to switch from iCloud synching to Dropbox to make this work?

1Password Version: 6.2 (620011)
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: kb-search:purchased via mac app store windows install, kb:faq, kb:starting-over, kb:pro-features-faq

Comments

• MikeT
    edited April 2016

Hi @aslam,

Can you forward us your license information at support+windows@agilebits.com and we'll help you the license. The new desktop license at our store will send both the license file for the Mac version and the license key for the Windows version in the same email. Previous customers only get the license key for the license they bought, not the new desktop license that covers both Mac and Windows that we've started offering last week.

Am I correct that I will have to switch from iCloud synching to Dropbox to make this work?

Correct, you'd have to switch to Dropbox for now to get your 1Password data on Windows. At the moment, Apple's CloudKit APIs that powers the iCloud sync in 1Password is only available on Mac/iOS. Hopefully, this can be extended to Windows in the near future.

We'll be happy to explain how to do this when you send us your license information and we'll reply back with the instructions you want.

This discussion has been closed.