I am trying to use a login shared with me in dropbox that includes 2FA.

A colleague is trying to share a login with me that includes 2FA. He has set it up on a MAC and shared it with me via dropbox. I can enter the username/password on my PC, but I don't see the 2FA information. I have searched the forums and don't see this issue.

1Password Version: 4.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: win7
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:one-time-passwords, ug:windows/, kb:one-time-passwords

Comments

• Carl131
    Carl131
    Community Member

I am trying to understand how to use 2FA in windows. I am trying to follow directions at
    https://support.1password.com/one-time-passwords/
    which is a demo on the mac. The page does not indicate that the method is limited to the MAC.
    In the windows version, I do not see the QR icon described in step 3, I have a 'generate' button, but I do not see how to use that - the fields are blank.

1Password Version: 4.6
    Extension Version: 4.5.5
    OS Version: win7
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: kb:one-time-passwords, ug:windows/, kb:one-time-passwords

• MikeT
    edited April 2016

Hi @Carl131,

A colleague is trying to share a login with me that includes 2FA. He has set it up on a MAC and shared it with me via dropbox. I can enter the username/password on my PC, but I don't see the 2FA information.

Is he sharing a Login item he created in 1Password with you or is he just sharing the credentials for Dropbox and you're creating it manually in 1Password?

In the windows version, I do not see the QR icon

Right now, the Windows program doesn't have a QR scanner to read the QR code, so you have to enter the secret key manually. In your dialog, enter the Dropbox.com username in the account field and enter the secret key that Dropbox gives you. To find the secret key, go back to the two-step verification page on Dropbox.com where it shows the QR barcode and click on the "enter your secret key manually" link like so:

Copy the key and put it in the secret field in the dialog, save it and 1Password will convert it to a digit for you.

• Carl131
    Carl131
    Community Member

Thank you. I still had a hard time figuring out where to find the one-time password. It does not 'pop' up as implied by the agilebits web page instructions. Turns out that in Windows Firefox after the username and password are used, I need to:
    (1) click the 1Password icon in the Firefox toolbar;
    (2) right-click the correct login record for the site;
    (3) then click the one-time password to copy to the windows clipboard.
    Thanks for the help!

• The instruction is definitely not factoring in the Windows version, we'll see if we can either fix this in the program or update the guide.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

• Carl131
    Carl131
    Community Member

Also, it appears that the 2FA information was already in the login record. I just did not see how to access it from the given instructions. I see it now!

• Ah, okay, that makes more sense based on what you said before and why I asked if he was sharing the item with you, it should've included that already.

This discussion has been closed.