chrome on windows extension

YTO_INC
YTO_INC
Community Member
edited April 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Its saying that helper needs to be installed. how do I do that? Im running windows 10 in Chrome.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:extension-troubleshooting, ug:windows/, kb:extension-troubleshooting, kb-search:install helper on chrome, kb:browser-extension

Comments

• Hi @YTO_INC,

1Password Helper is a part of the 1Password for Windows program, which you can download from here: http://agilebits.com/downloads

Did you install the 1Password extension only without installing the program or did you already install the program and still getting the same message?

• YTO_INC
    YTO_INC
    Community Member

i didnt install that... thanks. now its asking how I want to connect to 1Password (which i have on my mac). When I choose "I have use 1password before" where do I point it to? I have it connect on my Mac through Dropbox but 1Password doesnt recognize anything when I point it to the folder in dropbox. #NotAsEasyAMAC

• Hi @YTO_INC - I'm glad MikeT was able to help you install the 1Password app. Can you point directly to the OPVault or agilekeychain file in your Dropbox folder. Does this help?

• Hi @YTO_INC,

First, do you see the the Dropbox icon in the system's notification tray area with a checkmark on it? That is a sign that it is running and up to date.

If yes, point 1Password to a folder that is ending in .opvault or .agilekeychain. If you're not sure where it is or which one your Mac app is using, here's how to find out:

1. Open the 1Password for Mac app and go to the 1Password Menu > Preferences > Sync
    2. Select the vault on the left sidebar and then on the right, it'll show you the path to your 1Password folder inside the Dropbox directory, this is what you need to point the Windows program to.

Let us know if this helps.

This discussion has been closed.