Anchoring a 1P Mini window jumps to 2nd display

Smudge
Smudge
Community Member

I have an iMac as my primary display where I use Chrome and Safari web browsers in full screen mode.
I have a 2nd display connected to the right of the iMac.

If I call up 1P Mini then click on the anchor icon of an entry, the 1P Mini window jumps to the same relative position but on 2nd display.
Previously it would anchor on the primary display at the same place as expected.
I can click and drag the floating window back over to the primary display and it properly hovers over the browser window.

This happens when using the web browser extension button or from the 1P icon in the system status bar.
It started doing this with a fairly recent 1P update but I can't recall exactly which update.

Is it possible to ask your developers to look into this and go back to the previous behavior?

Thanks

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:mini anchor window

Comments

• Hi @Smudge,

Thanks for writing in with your question about full screen mode.

It looks like we've got a bug to investigate further. I have filed this issue as OPM-3996 in our bug tracker.

Let us know if there's anything we can do to help!

Rudy

ref: OPM-3996

• Smudge
    Smudge
    Community Member

Thanks. And for some more info about this problem, I just tested it with a full screen app on the 2nd display as well. The anchored mini window stayed on the primary display as expected/desired so obviously it is still possible. Just need to change the positioning to where 1P is being used instead of defaulting to a non-fullscreen'd display.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Smudge ,

Thanks for the follow-up! I’ve added the extra information to the issue in our internal tracker. I hope it helps our team track this one down. :)

• buckZor
    buckZor
    Community Member

Same here, frustrating that the mini display window goes to the wrong display AND it cannot be moved. It appears completely anchored over there in the wrong place.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@buckZor,

Thanks for letting us know you are also affected by this. It's on our list for resolution in a future update.

If we can be of further assistance in the meantime, please let us know. We are always here to help.

This discussion has been closed.