Slow unlock [update 1Password, Restart 1Password mini]

2»

Comments

• Coder256
    Coder256
    Community Member

@rickfillion 6.3.BETA-8. I only noticed the slowness once.

• @Coder256 interesting. ok... keep an eye out for it and let us know if/when you see it again.

• waffl
    waffl
    Community Member

I just wanted to leave a note that in the last few weeks I've noticed very slow performance when opening 1Password Mini on both a Macbook Pro Retina 13" (especially when waking from sleep), and a Mac Pro.

I am running the latest 1Password Beta:

1Password 6
    Version 6.3.BETA-9 (630009)
    AgileBits Beta

I have my vault synced over Dropbox as well as a 1Password for Teams vault synced.

What version of Mac OS X are you running?
    10.11.3 on a Macbook Pro Retina 13" and also a Mac Pro

Are you using the Mac App Store or AgileBits Store version of 1Password?
    AgileBits Store

What version of Chrome are you using?
    49.0.2623.112 (64-bit)

What sort of "slowness" are you experiencing? Is it a delay when unlocking 1Password from the browser extension (or from 1Password mini)
    A delay from the browser extension to show the window, where it hangs open and jumps around the screen trying to follow the mouse I suppose, and also 10-15s or more after entering my password

If so, does the delay also happen when unlocking the main 1Password app?
    Not quite as long, but takes about 5-10s after entering password

If you reboot your Mac, do you still have the same problem, or does it seem to work better?
    Seems slightly better but not nearly as snappy as I remember.

After the unlock/delay, does it seem to work correctly?
    Yes, works fine after unlocked.

• Hi @waffl,

Next time you see slowness when unlocking mini, can you send us a diagnostics report to support+forums@agilebits.com? 6.3.BETA-9 has some logging around a theory I've got, and I'm hoping to either confirm it or deny it with some logs.

Thanks

Rick

This discussion has been closed.