My PC was reinstalled at work, since then I have struggled with 1Password!

I have reinstalled dropbox and 1password and entered the license key but it looks as though a new version of 1password has started and it is not in sync with my previous version or that on my other devices (mac at home) and android phone. I cant figure out how to sync my pc version with my pre-existing versions and am grateful for your help

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: chrome
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:windows-processes

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@sam_b: Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action.

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you syncing your 1Password data on your other devices already sing Dropbox? If so, you may simply need to install Dropbox on your work PC, and then open the vault there in 1Password. Please let me know what you find. Thanks in advance! :)

• sam_b
    sam_b
    Community Member

Hi, yes I use dropbox to sync the info and have reinstalled dropbox and it is up to date with the sync it tells me... when I open the vault it shows the keychain with config and data files, and a backup file
    Thanks

• sam_b
    sam_b
    Community Member

If I go into 1password via dropbox I can see all my synced data there!

• Hi @sam_b,

If you're seeing the config/data files, you may have go too far into the 1Password folder and it becomes an invalid folder for 1Password.

When you open 1Password for Windows and it ask you to point to an existing folder, select the folder that is ending in .opvault or .agilekeychain (don't go inside it) and then tell 1Password to open it. It should then work.

Let us know what happens now.

This discussion has been closed.