Resuming dropbox sync after couple years

I had dropbox synch for Windows (Chrome browser) working between two computers, and over the past couple years I've replaced both computers and only now getting around to installing Dropbox desktop app on both PCs. So each computer has some newer data (not in synch with each other), and both computers have two year's more data than the latest files in Dropbox.

When I complete the Dropbox desktop install on both PCs, are there any additional steps/precautions I need to take?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @bluesjumper,

The best way for us to know is to see how 1Password is set up on both computers and what file it is looking at. To help us, please email us your 1Password diagnostics reports from both computers.

Use this guide to generate the reports on both computers and email both to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email(s).

• bluesjumper
    bluesjumper
    Community Member
    edited April 2016

@MikeT , I've made enough progress such that I have a vault synchronizing between my laptop and desktop. But it turned out that 1Password vaults were saved in different locations on each computer which was part of the problem. So now I have the vault sourced from laptop syncing over to my desktop and vice versa. What is the best way to get all the delta changes from my original desktop vault incorporated into the synchronized vault? Can I simply copy the 1Password files from the desktop vault into the synched vault to merge the two sets? Are there any other files besides the .1password extension files I need to worry about?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bluesjumper: The best thing to do is select the items in the vault you want to migrate from in 1Password for Windows, copy them (Ctrl C), switch to the other vault you want to migrate to, and then paste (Ctrl P). Note that attachments cannot be copied this way, however, so you'd need to save them separately and attach them in the destination vault. Then, set up 1Password on all of your devices to use that same vault so changes will sync between all of them.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.