1 Password ver 4 won't open today on my Windows 10 laptop.

Today I tried to use 1Password version 4 on my laptop running Windows 10. It will not open even though I have used the desktop shortcut and my taskbar icon. I also traced back to the location of original from the shortcut, no success. I also use on my iPhone 6s and have no problems...love it!

1Password Version: 4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: ug:windows/, kb:faq

Comments

• Hi @Joe1587,

That's strange, programs doesn't just disappear out of nowhere.

Is it possible your anti-malware solution has flagged it and deleted it? Check its history and/or see if you can undo it.

You can download 1Password again from our website here: http://agilebits.com/downloads

Your 1Password data is stored outside of 1Password program files, so hopefully reinstalling 1Password should get you back up and running.

• Joe1587
    Joe1587
    Community Member

Thank you for the reply MikeT. I noticed later on the I had a PDF file that would not open. Strange that two apps I use often were not working. I figured it might have to do with a Windows update of some sort. I restarted my laptop again and everything, including 1Password, worked. THANKS again MikeT!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of MikeT, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well after a reboot. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.