Citibank login issue

mia
mia
Community Member
edited April 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Chrome 1PW beta
Windows version 4.6.0 beta 605
Chrome Version 49.0.2623.112 (64-bit)

I have tried everything but I can't seem to get this site to fill the username / password with 1Password:
https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/citi.action

Can anyone replicate?

1Password Version: 4.6beta 605
Extension Version: 6.2.9200
OS Version: Windows 10 64bit
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mia: Sorry for the trouble! That particular Citi page is indeed a real headache. Fortunately, there's a better way! Please follow the steps here to save a working Citi login:

CitiBank login problem

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• mia
    mia
    Community Member

Hi Brenty
    As I mentioned above I tried all of the instructions on the site and it didn't work :(

Manually saving the login was one of the first things I tried, but it didn't work at all. Can you reproduce?

• Hi @mia,

I just tested this, please try this one last step:

1. Visit the same login page here: https://accountonline.citi.com/cards/svc/LoginGet.do
    2. Click on the 1Password icon, right-click on your Citi Login, it should show you the details view and click on Open in 1Password
    3. Can you confirm that in the details view, your username is censored like m*a? If yes, click on the pencil icon to edit the item, go to the bottom table view, scroll until you see your censored username, click into it to fix it and then save it.
    4. Now, on Citi site, try to login with 1Password, does it work now?
  • mia
    mia
    Community Member
    edited April 2016

I see my username m********nk on the actual site itself in the username field, but nothing in 1password. When I try to have 1PW fill the site, it just turns pink and doesn't do anything. I can take a video if that helps. Can I email it to you personally?

This definitely looks like a bug/issue as i've tried literally everything to get it to work.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2016

@mia: It sounds like you're using a different URL than the one I suggested in those steps (since there are no pink fields in that login form — you're referring to a different one). As I mentioned in my previous comment, you'll need to save a new login manually using this URL:

1. Navigate to https://accountonline.citi.com/cards/svc/LoginGet.do
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosumbit disabled

And as Mike mentioned, something in particular to note here is that if you save the login with the **** in the username, that's what you'll get; 1Password will faithfully save and fill that ****. So you'll either need to focus the username field to remove the **** before saving, or manually edit the item in 1Password afterward to replace that *** with your actual username. I think you'll find that works much better. Cheers! :)

• mia
    mia
    Community Member

EDIT: Gah! The steps were correct. Citibank blacklisted my password because of exceeded attempts. LOL!!

I reset my PW and it worked! Thaaaaaaank you so much brenty!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

EDIT: Gah! The steps were correct. Citibank blacklisted my password because of exceeded attempts. LOL!!

@mia: Dang. I'm sorry about that! :(

I reset my PW and it worked! Thaaaaaaank you so much brenty!

I'm glad to hear that it all worked out in the end. You're totally welcome! Always happy to help a fellow Citi dweller (heh) with login issues. Great service; not so great website! :lol:

This discussion has been closed.