cannot log in to Windows with password created in iOS devices. cannot use 1 pwd AT ALL,

Not only Windows but also iOS. iOS v. 6.3.1 -- Windows v. 4.6.0.604. Extension 4.5.5.90
1. I bought 1 password for iOS December 10 2015, a few days later I bought 1password for Windows December 14 2015. I have never been able to use this. EVER.
2. I have my master pass, my key, my passcode for ipad, my thumb print for iPhone and I can login, but I cannot use the master pass on my desktop windows10. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it. It is now a new version but the problem remains.
3. On my iPad I can create pass for a website. But when I want to log in the next day the website does not recognize the pass and I have to log in with the one I created. I have also deleted and downloaded the app again.
4. It does sync with Dropbox.
what do I need to do to get it to function fully? what am I missing?
Also if I have a website where I use, in addition to a password a message code or authenticator, (I.e. google)can I still use 1password.?
Any help will be greatly appreciated. :'(

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:cannot log in to Windows with password created in iOS devices. cannot use 1 pwd AT ALL,

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2016

Not only Windows but also iOS. iOS v. 6.3.1 -- Windows v. 4.6.0.604. Extension 4.5.5.90

1. I bought 1 password for iOS December 10 2015, a few days later I bought 1password for Windows December 14 2015. I have never been able to use this. EVER.

@enka1: I'm sorry to hear that. I wish you had contacted us sooner! :blush:

2. I have my master pass, my key, my passcode for ipad, my thumb print for iPhone and I can login, but I cannot use the master pass on my desktop windows10. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it. It is now a new version but the problem remains.

I think this is connected to your sync issue below, since the same Master Password may not work for different vaults.

3. On my iPad I can create pass for a website. But when I want to log in the next day the website does not recognize the pass and I have to log in with the one I created. I have also deleted and downloaded the app again.

It sounds like you may be only telling 1Password about the new password. If you do not change the password on the website itself, they will still be expecting the "old" password, and then 1Password will not be able to log you in. Please follow the steps in this guide:

Updating passwords for existing logins

You can also find instructions specific to 1Password for Windows here.

4. It does sync with Dropbox. what do I need to do to get it to function fully? what am I missing?

Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me all OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action. The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you receiving some sort of error message when you try to set it up? Do you have 1Password data on multiple devices? Let me know where you have it stored, and then the precise path to setting up sync will be clearer.

Also if I have a website where I use, in addition to a password a message code or authenticator, (I.e. google)can I still use 1password.? Any help will be greatly appreciated. :'(

Indeed, if a site uses the TOTP standard (Slack, Google, and Dropbox are a few common ones), then you can store the "secret" in 1Password and have it generate the code for you:

How to use 1Password as an authenticator for sites with two-step verification

And if you're having any login issues with specific sites, in many cases manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form (even better using the 1Password browser extension on the computer). Just try these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosumbit disabled

If you're still having trouble, be sure to let us know the URL so we can test it ourselves to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.