password holder for multiple sites

Hi,

I am new to 1P and in trial, and I have tried to search a similar topic but didn't find any especially Q2. I have two questions.

Question 1:

Once a login is saved into the vault, when the vault is unlocked,
and then say I typed in the domain's login url to the address bar of the browser,
The expected behavior of auto-fill is

A to press Ctrl+ \ to do the auto login
B the browser magically filled in my credential and submit the form, i.e. i dont do anything except for entering the url

I am experiencing type A.

Question 2:

Does 1P has a password Holder? because in my corporate environment, there is a central password (active directory),
Example:
I can create something called myWorkLogin = user:psw and then:
domain A: myWorkLogin domain B: myWorkLogin domain C: myWorkLogin

When I change the password, I only have to modify myWorkLogin and that's it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Eleven: It isn't possible to have multiple separate items changed automatically on your behalf. You would need to update them individually. However, if you have login credentials that work on multiple sites, it may be possible to use the Multiple URLs feature (in 1Password Preferences > Logins) to use a single login for them (provided the login forms aren't too different). For example:

Google Account (login item)
    https://gmail.com
    https://accounts.google.com
    mysillyusername
    mylamepassword

With the preference enabled, this will allow 1Password to offer the same login item for both URLs. Just keep in mind that this feature does have a performance penalty, since it involves decrypting more data on the fly (especially for searches).

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• Eleven
    Eleven
    Community Member

@brenty Thanks! I will array them up into a single login.

Do you have a minute to answer Q1 ? I am on 1Password 4 Windows. I do have auto fill and auto-submit enabled.
    Can I get myself logged in without using Ctrl+\ after I entered the site's login url?

• MikeT
    edited April 2016

Hi @Eleven,

You must always invoke 1Password to fill for you, we do not support auto-fill without Ctrl+\ or clicking the 1Password button as we consider it to be a security risk for now.

We may be able to add this as an option in the future once enough security improvements has been made in all areas.

• Eleven
    Eleven
    Community Member

@MikeT Thanks man. Wish it will be implemented soon :)

Most of the time Ctrl+\ works.
    I do have some edge cases like

• username and password both entered into username field, auto filled username erased before password auto-filled in, and then auto submit
    • username ok, password entered twice, and then auto submit

I will send email to support if that's the preferred way of communication

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Eleven: Email, or even right here in the forums is fine. Since it will be site-specific, be sure to let us know the URL along with a description of the problem so we can test it and offer a solution, workaround, or work to improve 1Password in the future. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.