Sync Windows - Mac - iOS Problem

Edivion
Edivion
Community Member

I am having trouble syncing all my items between my 3 main devices

• Windows 10 Desktop PC
  • MacBook Pro 2011
  • iPhone 6S

I have moved from Dropbox synchronization to iCloud a while ago and now I seem to have more problems than before.

Most of my Logins are synced as expected but unfortunately some are only stored on my Windows PC for some reason. Synchronizing the iPhone via iCloud only synced 15 Items even though I have way more than 60 logins.
Syncing via WLAN from the Desktop PC gives me the 66 Logins I have on the PC.

The Desktop PC is syncing with the Mac via iCloud and the Mac only get 57 of those logins for some reason.
When I sync the iPhone via WLAN over the Mac, I only get the 57 as well.

I am really desperate since I have tried everything I could have thought of. I do love 1Password and I hope for some help in this matter.

Thanks in advance
-Edivion

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Edivion,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with sync. With your configuration of devices, Dropbox really is the best solution, and I think we’ll find it the most simple to troubleshoot as well. Could you tell me a bit more about why you decided to move to iCloud from Dropbox?

• Edivion
    Edivion
    Community Member

Hello Megan,

I moved from Dropbox because I have had a 2 year subscription from my mobile phone which ran out and since I have had an iPhone back then already I bought a data plan from iCloud.
    Once Dropbox ran out, it ran out of storage and I didn't want to pay for 2 different cloud services.

Do you think there is any workaround on this with iCloud or will I be forced to get a Dropbox data plan as well? I really prefer iCloud since it is way easier between my Apple devices and iCloud Drive seems to be fine for Windows as well. At least I do not have any troubles with it except for 1Password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Edivion: You can actually use Dropbox for free. You just get less storage. iCloud Sync is simply not available on Windows. No APIs for it exist there. iCloud Sync uses CloudKit, which is separate from iCloud Drive. You can sync between computers using iCloud Drive if you wish, but your mobile devices will not be able to access the vault stored in iCloud Drive. I hope this helps! :)

• Edivion
    Edivion
    Community Member

Ok I guess I won't have a choice then. Thank you for your concern anyways.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Edivion,

I’m sorry that we don’t have a better answer for you, but I do hope that you’re able to get everything synced up using Dropbox. If you hit any snags, we’re always here to help.

This discussion has been closed.