Where is data kept on Windows machine if Dropbox not enabled?

Louiselovesapps
Louiselovesapps
Community Member
edited April 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

My Dad has 1Password without Dropbox enabled, and the hard disk crashed. We recovered some data from his hard disk backup. Where can we find his keychain? Can I just reinstall 1Password on the newly created machine, put the keychain in the same place, and then have him login?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 8
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:faq, kb-search:data locations mac.html, kb-search:data locations windows, kb:backup-faq

Comments

• Louiselovesapps
    Louiselovesapps
    Community Member

My Dad has 1Password on a Windows machine (8 or 10 - not sure) without Dropbox enabled, and the hard disk crashed. He recovered some data from his hard disk backup. Where can we find his keychain? Can I just reinstall 1Password on the newly created machine, put the keychain in the same place, and then have him login?

He also has it on his phone, but without Dropbox, he only has a fraction of his passwords preserved. Thanks.

• JWeaver
    JWeaver
    Community Member
    edited April 2016

Hi @Louiselovesapps

Sorry to hear about the crash. From this knowledgebase article - "1Password for Windows saves each vault in its own folder. By default, the folder’s name is 1Password.agilekeychain and it’s saved in C:\Users\\Documents\1Password."

If you or your Dad successfully retrieve a copy of his vault, you can simply import that vault into a new installation of 1Password. Here's a link to the appropriate support article within the 1Password for Windows guide.

• Hi @Louiselovesapps - I hope @JWeaver's reply helped. Please let us know if you have any further questions. Thanks :)

This discussion has been closed.