Frustrating VMWare Fusion/1Password Mac question

bleach
bleach
Community Member

I'm having a rather annoying problem where I can't copy/paste a password into a virtual machine when the current VM state in the Windows login screen. It works as expected everywhere else but the login screen.

Entering a 14 character password manually character by character on the Windows 7 login screen is extremely frustrating :)

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @bleach ,

Thanks for taking the time to write in with your question. After copying the password, switch to the Finder and choose "Show Clipboard" fro the Edit menu. If the password is there, then 1Password has copied it successfully. After that, there's not much 1Password can do. It sounds like Fusion is not pasting properly.

I hate to "pass the buck" but I suggest asking VMWare if they can shed any light on this. I'm not sure if Fusion is actively blocking the paste, or the Windows login screen itself is.

The only thing I can suggest in the meantime is to change your Windows password to a random word list password instead of random characters. That might be a bit easier to transcribe.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.