When I use 1password in FireFox it keeps launching Chrome

GeorgeRudd
GeorgeRudd
Community Member

When I do certain things in 1Password (such as copying a password from within FireFox to the clipboard) it causes my computer to open Google Chrome on my computer. It does not go to a specific web page, just the default page that I have defined for Chrome.

Just now, when I was logging into this forum from FireFox...it also caused Google Chrome to launch. It's NOT happening on every login.

I am running FireFox 42.0

How can I prevent this from happening?

1Password Version: 6.2.1 (621002)
Extension Version: 4.5.5
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• GeorgeRudd
    GeorgeRudd
    Community Member

I posted about this a while back in this closed thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/41110/i-select-a-credit-card-in-firefox-and-1password-launches-chrome#latest

I recently downgraded my FireFox to a previous version after the new version of FireFox broke a few of my plugins. I wonder if this caused the OS to get confused about which browser was the default browser.

I have set the default browser to Safari, and then back to FireFox 42.0. I will report back if the problem persists.

• GeorgeRudd
    GeorgeRudd
    Community Member

Not sure if it is related to the problem but I just noticed another little glitch in my Firefox. I was trying to access my FireFox preferences and the only option under the "FireFox Menu" was "Quit". All of the other options (About FireFox, Preferences, Services, etc.) were missing. Perhaps this was preventing 1Password from operating normally?

• GeorgeRudd
    GeorgeRudd
    Community Member
    edited April 2016

The problem is still happening...even after resetting FireFox 42 as the default browser. I just tried to copy a password to the clipboard and it switched me over to Chrome.

• Hi @GeorgeRudd ,

This is indeed an odd problem. I wonder if Firefox is set to open some content in Chrome. Can you check a Firefox setting. Go to Firefox's Preferences, and select Applications. Are there any entries there that have Chrome?

Thanks,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.