PowerShell integration

Is it possible to retrieve passwords from a 1Password vault using PowerShell. Where I work we need to use a different set of credentials for multiple systems. I use PowerShell to perform a lot of my work and would love to be able to call a function to set a variable to a set of credentials from 1Password. I would then be able to pass those credentials to a cmdlet to do my work. We also use a tool called Remote Desktop Manager, which I'm able to configure to do the same for RDP sessions, which is what got me thinking this way.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: None
Referrer: forum-search:powershell

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2016

@Ancillas: I think it's good that there's competition in this space. As far as forum etiquette, so long as you're not linking and actively advertising for other products (password managers or otherwise) I think it's fine to acknowledge that other options exist — especially if it's a helpful answer to someone's question. :chuffed:

@PHactotum: PowerShell isn't something we support currently, but it's certainly an interesting idea. Right now we're focused on finishing the the 1Password for Windows 10 app (currently in beta) and the up-and-coming 1Password for Windows desktop update, so it's something we we'll have to consider more carefully down the road. Thanks for letting us know it's something you'd use! :)

• Hi guys,

First thing is that we do want to provide an API support for 1Password for Teams as mentioned by Shiner here in the future, this may help a bit with the original request here.

@PHactotum, we do support {user} {password} variables that you can use inside the second URL you add to your Login item. Read my post here to see if it would help at all.

• PHactotum
    PHactotum
    Community Member

MikeT, that looks like 1Password would start the command with those parameters. However, I'm thinking more of something like the built in Get-Credential. Is there an API? Something I can call from .Net?

• Hi @PHactotum,

No, that's something we'd like to do in the future as I mentioned in the pervious post but for now, there's no way to integrate with 1Password like that.

If you create a script that can accept these parameters and it is callable, you can enter it in 1Password as a system URL.

• ghazlewood
    ghazlewood
    Community Member

Looks like someone has developed this now: https://github.com/latkin/1poshword

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I always love playing with things like this, but keep in mind that it isn't something we can endorse. And always be sure to exercise caution when allowing 3rd party utilities to access your sensitive information. Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.