Can't Sync. Answers on Forum Don't Help. Not liking this support site.WIll someone please contact

JAP
JAP
Community Member

Unable to sync across computers and IOS. Need Help Now

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Sync Not working! Forum Doesn't Help

Comments

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    edited April 2016

@JAP You won't find better customer support than you will on this website but you need to give them something to work with - versions of 1P you are using, sync method, equipment you are working with, detailed description of what's happening. They'll get you sorted out ;)

• JAP
    JAP
    Community Member

Unable to sync. No way to contact this support accept this forum. Not pleased. Need help syncing and the other sync posts didn't help.

• JAP
    JAP
    Community Member

1password Version 6.2.1
    Macbook Pro OSX 10.11.4
    Need to sync passwords with Iphone 6S and Desktop IMAC

• JAP
    JAP
    Community Member

Unable to sync across computers and IOS. Need Help Now

• JAP
    JAP
    Community Member

Trying to Sync Original 1Pass 3.8.22 to newer computers and new Iphone 6S
    Not working

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

What are you using to sync?

• JAP
    JAP
    Community Member

The only option I can find for syncing in 3.8.22 is to take the "data file" in preferences and click the "move to dropbox" button. If i click this it says "please install dropbox client from dropbox." How does one go about doing that?

• Hi @JAP ,

To sync with Dropbox, you need to get a Dropbox account (they have a free tier). Dropbox is a third party sync service. More information is available, including the download link to the dropbox client, at https://www.dropbox.com

If you have any further questions about this, please feel free to reply.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• JAP
    JAP
    Community Member

Thank you ag_kevin
    I have a dropbox account. How does one "install dropbox client from dropbox" in 1password?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JAP,

I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve been feeling frustrated by this process. Don’t worry, we’ll work with you here until everything is sorted out.

The good news is that, if you already have a Dropbox account, you’re halfway there. The next step is to download Dropbox to your computer. Once you have that Dropbox folder on your computer, you can move your 1Password data into there (via Preferences) and you’re on your way.

Please let us know how this goes for you. :)

• JAP
    JAP
    Community Member

Hello Megan,

I already have dropbox on my computer. When I try to move my data file is says:"Please install dropbox client" It is already installed as far as I can tell. Files are stored in the dropbox and I share files from there all the time.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JAP ,

I apologize for misunderstanding your earlier question. It seems like 1Password isn’t recognizing Dropbox for some reason.

Let’s take a closer look at your system to see if we can determine where things are getting tangled up.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.