New entry keeps getting cleared on save

badgerrt
badgerrt
Community Member

Maybe every other or third time I create a new log in, or credit card or similar (it doesn't seem to be specific) I will enter all the details and when I click to end editing it loses half the info. I have to reopen the entry and edit it to add the CC number of log in details etc. It has the title and maybe a note or line or so but loses all the pertinent info. Very frustrating. I thought it was me, at first, but it has done it on at least 4 occasions over the last few months. I haven't changed anything about how I enter new info, but it loses it very regularly.

I did have a half arsed idea that it was syncing halfway through the add (it's always when I have a lot of info to add so takes 60 seconds or more) and keeping the pre-filled sync version? But I may be entirely imagining that.

1Password Version: 6.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5 Beta
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@badgerrt I have a vague recollection this might have been a bug with an earlier version of 1Password and, as you seem to be well behind with your 1Password updates (the current release version is 6.2) the first thing I'd urge you to do is to update to the latest version and see whether the problem is still present.

Stephen

• badgerrt
    badgerrt
    Community Member

I think I know why that is..... I switched from Canada to the US when I moved here and it seems to have broken the links to apps in the store and dropped me off the update list. Dammit.

Thanks, I'll pursue that with them in a separate case.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @badgerrt,

I hope that you’ve been able to get 1Password updated! If you have more questions, we’re here to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.