Auto-Complete/Auto-Submit login not working

So I've been using 1Password for about 2 weeks on my iPhone and on my Windows computer without any problems until today. When I'm trying to log into my email on my desktop at https://login.live.com/, I use the Auto-Complete and Auto-Submit feature on my browser so I'm not copying and pasting over information. But I come across an error message saying

"Please enter your phone number or your email address in the format someone@example.com."

and

"Please enter the password for your Microsoft account.".

The default text saying "Email or Phone" for the username and "Password" on the forum is overlaid with my login information. So maybe that is causing the issue? I'm using Internet Explorer as my web browser and this is the only website I'm having trouble with Auto-Completing and Auto-Submitting login information. Any suggestions on how to fix this bug? It's rather annoying having to copy and past information over when I can simply press ctrl+l and type in my 1Password password to fill out the forum automatically. Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• Hi @m_catovic,

Unfortunately, this is a new problem within Internet Explorer when Microsoft redesigned their Login form on the page, the extension can't clear the fields properly.

What you can do is this:

1. Open the main 1Password program and locate your item for Live.com
    2. Edit the item and check the box next to Use Auto-Type in web browser, save it

After that, it should work when you focus the username field first and then press Control + \. You must focus the username first when using Auto-Type.

It does work great in other browsers like Chrome, Opera, or Firefox.

This discussion has been closed.