1Password disappearing but still running in background when minimized in Windows 10. How do I fix?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled 1Password. It still disappears.
I have restored my PC back before 1Password was originally installed. It still disappears.
Running the latest Windows 10 version and 1Password version.

I've found this issue posted on the net since long before Windows 10. So, this obviously has been an issue for a while.

Hope you can help solve the mystery of the disappearing app.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90 chrome / 4.5.5 firefox
OS Version: 10586.218
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1 Password disappearing when minimized in Windows 10

Comments

• MikeT
    edited April 2016

Hi @d2walker,

I have uninstalled and reinstalled 1Password. It still disappears.

Can you clarify what you mean by disappears? Do you mean that when you open 1Password, it disappears as if it crashed or do you mean you cannot find anything to open as if it was removed?

If the latter, check your anti-malware solution, it may be deleting 1Password for you in the background due to possible false positives.

I've found this issue posted on the net since long before Windows 10. So, this obviously has been an issue for a while.

This is not a known issue for 1Password nor is it an issue in 1Password. We have seen a few reports where 1Password got removed without user's knowledge, which is almost always caused by an overaggressive anti-malware solution that falsely flagged 1Password as a malware.

This discussion has been closed.