Unable to unlock OPVault with cyrillic symbols in master password

Options
Luc123
Luc123
Community Member

Hello everyone! I'm using combination on latin and cyrillic symbols in my 1Password master password to enhance its strength. I doesn't had any problems with this scheme when I used AgileKeychain vault and synced it across all my Windows, iOS and Android devices.

I doesn't had any problems ether when I synced OPValut with cyrillic symbols in master password between Windows and iOS. But when I'm tried to open the same vault on Android app says "Invalid master password".

I'm double checked my master password input and even created test vault with password "ЙЦУКЕН" (cyrillic equivalent for QWERTY), but app still says "Invalid master password".

I understand that OPVault support for Android was implemented just recently and there may be bugs like this one, but also I hope that AgileBits team will fix them as soon as possible.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 5.1.1 (CM 12.1)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @Luc123. Thanks for getting in touch with us. :)

We actually recommend against using characters outside of the US-ASCII charset in your Master Password. The reason is that different systems can interpret those characters different ways, which could lead to an incorrect interpretation of the Master Password. You can find a little more information about that here:
    https://support.1password.com/special-characters-in-master-password/

In the meantime, I recommend changing your password to contain characters in the US-ASCII character set. Let me know if your Master Password is accepted after! Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.