i need help with syncing problems after a reinstall.

Options

so, i had 1 password on my windows 10 partition of my mac as well as on my mac and all ios devices. Due to a hard drive failure i had to reinstall windows/all software. I have my license for 1password. I have no idea how to get it back up and running with my vault on windows 10. tried downloading the trial and then syncing over wifi but it says that i "attempted to sync with a different vault than originally configured" I believe i've run into this problem before but forgot how to resolve it.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: wifi
Referrer: kb-search:reinstalling, ug:windows/quick-start, kb:wifi-error-7027

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mynxminox: While there have been many cases where users (myself included) have found that Windows 10 updates have changed some network settings, from your description it doesn't seem to be a network problem. Rather, it sounds like 1Password cannot authenticate since the setup has changed enough for it to think this is a different computer you're trying to sync with.

First, I've resent your 1Password for Window license information via email, so be sure to use it to register the app to remove the trial restrictions.

Next, backup your 1Password data from each device.

Then, let me know all OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, and which one has the complete 1Password data you'd like to sync to the others. My concern is that you're trying to use Wi-Fi Sync to transfer data between your Mac and PC, and that isn't feasible.

If, however, you simply want to setup Wi-Fi Sync again between your PC and iPhone(?), you can simply disable sync in 1Password for iOS, regenerate the "secret" in the Wi-Fi Sync window in 1Password for Windows, and then pair the two using the new secret.

Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

This discussion has been closed.