Can' t view items in vault

Ginji41
Ginji41
Community Member
edited April 2016 in Mac

I can get into the website but can't open the vault showing my 122 items (passwords).i'm traveling in Australia and need passwords to my bank,act. Etc. please answer me at
removed by AgileBits .

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:faq

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @Ginji41,

I've removed your email address as these are our public support forums and I suspect you don't want your email address visible to everybody.

You say you can get into the website which sounds like you're referring to 1Password for Teams or 1Password Families. These are a subscription based service that we only recently introduced. It differs from how 1Password traditionally worked in that we store your vault on our servers while previously your vault was only stored on your computer unless you specifically set up syncing to the likes of Dropbox. With the correct credentials you should be able to view a 1Password Families vault from any machine.

So the first thing we need to do is ensure we're both on the same page so to speak. If you created a 1Password Families account the vault or vaults in that account would be empty until everything was added. Even adding a 1Password Families account to 1Password for Mac wouldn't automatically move anything as 1Password won't do anything without your explicit authorisation/action. The following questions will hopefully help us understand the situation.

1. Did you create a 1Password Families?
    2. If the answer to 1. is yes, did you add your account to the copy of 1Password for Mac that you were likely already using?
    3. Did you move all of the items from the locally stored vault to your 1Password Families vaults? The steps would have looked something like those detailed in Migrate to a Family or Team account.

Sadly if the answer to any one of these is no then it sounds like your vault is still only locally stored on the Mac you normally use. If this Mac is at home in a different country then you're out of luck unless there is somebody you intimately trust and I really mean that.

Now if the issue is you're saying that you have your Mac with you and for reasons unknown you're unable to access your vault due to 1Password saying you're supplying an incorrect Master Password that's a very different issue. For that sort of problem I'd direct you towards our page I lost or forgot my Master Password. Help! as sadly there is very little we can do about a forgotten Master Password.

I believe your reply will help us understand the situation a bit more clearly and we can continue from there.

This discussion has been closed.