How can I send an encrypted PIF file via an email attachment?

Options

When I send a login from the Master vault via email, the password is not encrypted. I can read the attachment with the password in it so
How can I send an encrypted PIF file via an email attachment?
Is there a way to encrypted the passwords to other vaults who receive the our logins? Thank you.

1Password Version: 1password 4
Extension Version: 1 password 4
OS Version: windows
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:How can I send an encrypted PIF file via an email attachment?

Comments

• MikeT
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hi @betty,

You cannot use 1PIF to share items, it's meant to be clear text for importing into 1Password or other programs.

If you want to share your data with others securely, you would have to share a vault with them. Basically, you create a separate vault and choose a password for it that you would have to communicate to others on a secure channel. You can then copy the items you want to share and paste it into this shared vault.

You can see more information here: https://support.1password.com/dropbox-share-vault/?win

We are working on 1Password Families/Teams to make this easier that might work better for your needs if you have to do this a lot. It's not yet ready on Windows but we're working quickly on that.

This discussion has been closed.