Does 1Password work (Mac) work where you have to enter various characters from your password?

paulloseby
paulloseby
Community Member

I have a number of bank and credit card accounts where I have to give a username and then various characters of the password chosen by the bank's system. Will 1Password work with that?

Many thanks Paul Loseby

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: El Capitan 10.11.14
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Does 1Password work (Mac) work where you have to enter various characters from your password?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited April 2016

@paulloseby:

Will 1Password work with that?

Not automatically—but if you open the relevant login item from 1Password mini, click the dropdown at the end of the password field and choose large type you'll see something that will help you with that sort of login.

(As you've not told us what version of 1Password you're using I've assumed it's 1Password 6.)

Stephen

• paulloseby
    paulloseby
    Community Member

6.2.1 - just installed it

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@paulloseby: You can use the Large Type feature to have 1Password display the password for you to read from more easily:

While 1Password won't be able to "understand" what these types of sites are asking for to provide it (this, of course, is why many of them do this sort of thing in the first place), I hope this helps at least. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.