problems with netflix

Options

this started about a week ago. I cant no longer input netflix user and password while using IE 11.212,

1Password Version: 4.6
Extension Version: 4.6.0
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:no longer with netflix in windows

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @azl205,

I'm sorry to hear you ran into this issue. I've reported it to the team so they can take a look and find out what's going on! Have you tried accessing Netflix on other browsers like Chrome, Edge or Firefox? This will help us figure out better what the issue is and what's causing it. :chuffed:

• azl205
    azl205
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Pilar

As a matter of fact, last night I installed Chrome and it works perfectly. So, the problem is with IE 11. I am running windows 10 64Bit but as I stated before, I had no issues until about a week ago. I am using chrome for now but I will also use IE since there are a few things that I like better in IE than in chrome. I hope you guys can figure it out soon…

Thanks

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @azl205,

I am using Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10 as well, and 1Password fills my Netflix Login correctly.

1. Are you having trouble filling on any other sites in IE?
    2. What happens if you save a new Login for Netflix and try using the new Login in IE?
  • azl205
    azl205
    Community Member
    Options

I've try new login, I deleted it and created a new one several times. Deleted cookies, history you name it. The second I open the Netflix login screen, both the user and password stay blank with a red border. Other times it enters the password and not the user. Is very weird. I checked the fields in the 1password app and the info is in the saved file.

Something similar happens with some credit card company and my bank but that because they use several security steps which is understandable. But Netflix is a straight login, so it shouldn't be doing that. Works great with chrome so I just use that for now.

Thanks..

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@azl205,

I would be interested to see the red border. I can't get a red border to show up on the Netflix sign-in page no matter what I do. Not even if I enter the wrong account information. Could you post a screenshot?

Also, I'm not sure this is the issue, but I do want to mention that 1Password will never fill your password on a page simply when the page loads. You always need to select the Login from the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar. Again, I think you already know that, but the way you wrote your last comment I thought I would mention it just in case Chrome is actually filling in the password for you rather than 1Password. Please ignore this part if you already knew this. :)

I just saved a new Login manually in IE by following the steps here:

https://support.1password.com/extension-troubleshooting/#if-1password-doesn-t-ask-to-save-a-password-or-won-t-fill-on-a-specific-website

That resulted in another working Login item for me. Did you try those exact steps? If you created a Login item in the main 1Password app before, it's possible you will have better results saving it in using 1Password in your browser like that.

you've got me scratching my head a bit as to why it isn't working for you. But I'm sure we can resolve it if you want to.

• azl205
    azl205
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

I tried creating the manual login several times before it was suggested, but just to make sure, I just did again. I also created it using the main program with the same results for both methods.. As a matter of fact, when I created a new login with the main program, I named the login, then copied the URL in the box. When I entered the URL the blank password was automatically filled with dots. I am assuming the program either entered its own or copied it from somewhere within IE. The user name was still blank. I removed the password that was entered by the program and entered the correct one. Then the user and saved it as Netflix 2 , just to try it. no dice....

I am attaching a screen shot of before and the red border after the login attempt. As you can see, the password is filled but not the user name. I just checked and the user and password are in the main program fields and are the correct one.

Guys don't worry about it. after years using RoboForm, I switch to 1password and I wont look back. Its so much better and I absolutely love it. One minor issue is not a big deal. I was just wondering if you guys came across this issue and if you had a fix. I will continue to use it. I have hundreds of password with one minor issue. Not a deal breaker. I am very grateful that you guys responded so fast. That's rare and is much appreciated. I will keep trying new things. if I resolve it somehow, I will let you know for future reference.

Thanks again..

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@azl205: Aha! The username is not being filled. That explains the 'red box'.

I think you may be onto something. If Internet Explorer is also trying to fill the login form, that may be conflicting. So first, try disabling that:

Disabling web browsers’ built-in password managers (Internet Explorer)

If you're also having similar trouble with other websites, uninstall the Internet Explorer add-on but unchecking it in 1Password Preferences > Browsers, restart Windows, and then install it again.

Then double-check your other settings:

Disable Enhanced Protected Mode

Keyboard shortcut is not working

After doing so, your login may work just fine. If not, try manually saving a new login with the browser autofill disabled. Just try these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the '1Password' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save

Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• azl205
    azl205
    Community Member
    Options

I tried everything you said. To include, uninstalling IE11 and 1password. I then re-installed everything and the problem still there. I am just going to setup Chrome as my default browser and just use IE when its require.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@azl205: Thank for following up. I'm sorry to hear that you're still having trouble getting the filling to work with Netflix in Internet Explorer on your PC, but I'm glad to hear that Chrome is working for you at least. Be sure to let us know if we can be of further assistance!

This discussion has been closed.