Once data is imported can you fix wrong catergories or must you change csv and reimport?

shortschoolbus
shortschoolbus
Community Member

Once data is imported can you fix wrong catergories or must you change csv and reimport? data is already imported, can I batch move data to appropriate categories or must I delete all and start over with an edited csv. I imported from "awallet" on android.
-thanks

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:csv

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @shortschoolbus,

At this time, it is not possible to change an item’s category in 1Password. However, if you’d like to avoid re-importing, 1Password mini makes it fairly simple to copy existing data into a new entry. Here’s what I do:

• Use ⌘⌥\ ( Command-Option- \ ) to open 1Password mini (clicking on the icon in your menu bar works as well.
    • Find the item you wish to move into a new Category.
    • View its details and click the Anchor icon in the bottom corner. (This will ‘pin’ the details to your screen.)
    • In the main 1Password app, create a new item in the correct category.
    • Copy and paste the details from the anchored window into the new item. (One-click copy makes this simple.)

I hope this helps!

• shortschoolbus
    shortschoolbus
    Community Member

This is for individual records? I was hoping for batch copy paste since I have 153 records.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @shortschoolbus,

This would be on a per-item basis. If you’re dealing with a large number of entries, re-importing might be your best bet.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@shortschoolbus ,

Is there a category marker per CSV row? Or can you describe how the CSV is formatted such that one category can be distinguished from another?

• shortschoolbus
    shortschoolbus
    Community Member

File is at home but I will check. Thanks for the reply Megan. It will probably be easier to reformat the csv in proper format and reimport

• shortschoolbus
    shortschoolbus
    Community Member

the headers are:
    description,id,PIN,email,notes

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@shortschoolbus ,

If those are the only columns, you're going to have to manually separate out the rows into their coorespnding categories, saving them into category-specific CSV files (those four that are supported for import by 1Password).

• shortschoolbus
    shortschoolbus
    Community Member

Thanks. I will

• shortschoolbus
    shortschoolbus
    Community Member

Btw. Does it matter if you have column headers?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited April 2016

@shortschoolbus ,

No, 1Password's CSV importer does not use them, only the column position is used.

This discussion has been closed.