Can't open 1password It continuously synchs. I'm running 3.8.22

Overtime I try to unlock password it starts synching and won't stop. I haven't updated in a while. I'm not at all knowledgeable about computers. I've had this app for a long time and now I can't use it

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can't unlock. It starts synching and won't stop

Comments

• lbwilliamscb
    lbwilliamscb
    Community Member

I'm running Safari Extension beta 3.9.21.b1

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lbwilliamscb,

Since we’re talking about 1Password 3 here, I’ve moved your post into our Legacy forum, just to keep things organized.

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with 1Password, I know it can be frustrating to be without access to your data. Thanks so much for providing your version numbers in the original post - that gives us a much better idea of where things are getting tangled up.

Now, because you’re using the latest version of OS X with 1Password 3, there are a few things that you might notice. We have a post here that explains the situation in detail, but the shorter version is this:

1Password 3 isn’t quite compatible with OS X 10.11. When we released 1Password 4 we stopped making changes to 1Password 3. It was built for OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), and it will still work great there ... But, as the operating system continued to grow and change, 1Password 3 stayed as it was and slowly became out of date. Your data is still safe inside the app, but there are a few instances where you will run into trouble. (The known issues are detailed in the post that I linked to.)

If you’re using the latest operating system, your best option here is to upgrade to the latest version of 1Password. You can upgrade your license on our upgrade page, and we’d be more than happy to help you through the process of migrating your data.

Now, in order to deal a bit more directly with what you’re seeing right now, could you share a bit more detail? It sounds to me like you’re seeing this in the browser extension, is that correct? Which browser are you using?

• lbwilliamscb
    lbwilliamscb
    Community Member

safari 9.1

• lbwilliamscb
    lbwilliamscb
    Community Member

Yes, it shows up in the browser extension

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Yes, it shows up in the browser extension

@lbwilliamscb: Earlier you said that it was saying "syncing". Is that not the case?

Safari 9.1 is not compatible with 1Password 3. As Megan mentioned, 1Password 3 is supported on OS X Snow Leopard and Lion, not El Capitan. It was originally developed back in 2009 and no longer receives updates to its extensions either, so there may be incompatibilities with newer browsers as well. These issues are not present in the current version of 1Password for Mac, 6, which fully supports El Capitan and the latest browser releases, so you may want to consider upgrading.

Please let us know if you have any questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.