New MacBook user issues

Options
Dknight54
Dknight54
Community Member

I've just bought my first MacBook this past month. While I have an iPhone 6 plus, ipad mini (newest version), I've never had a MacBook before and am a Windows user learning the MacBook universe. I have 1Password loaded on all devices including Windows 7 and Chrome extension.

My two main issues are I get in red on my Chrome extension on my MacBook. Do I have to pay for 1Password multiple times? I have the Pro Account.

Second issue is I get this popup on my Chrome extension on my MacBook:
"Google Chrome is connected but its code signature could not be verified. Filling and other features are disabled until this configuration issue is resolved."

I a total newbie to the MacBook environment so maybe I installed 1Password all wrong. Beats me. Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Latest
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:code-signature

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Dknight54: Indeed, if you'd purchased a single 1Password for Windows license previously, 1Password for Mac is a separate purchase.

Unfortunately we don't have any records matching either your name or email. Did you perhaps use different information at the time of purchase?

Alternatively, you may have purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store. In that case, we won't have any record of it, as it is owned and operated by Apple. But you can download it again from the App Store at any time since it is tied to your Apple ID. Just go to your purchase history and search for it.

If you're still having trouble finding it, please check your records, as you'll have an email receipt regardless of where it was purchased. It should also include transaction details that may help track it down.

And then email us at support+licenses@agilebits.com so we can get you taken care of.

Regarding the code signature issue, have you installed "security" software on your Mac that may be preventing 1Password from verifying the browser?

Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• Dknight54
    Dknight54
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Brenty,

I looked it up and the email that I purchased 1Password is [ deleted by moderator for security. Address sent privately to AgileBits staff.]. I saw that I had download the app to my MacBook and since all my passwords were loaded I assumed the license from Windows carried over. I guess the red Trial Expired button just started showing up. I went ahead and purchased the 1 Password 6 for Mac and when it emailed the receipt the email showed I had both 1Password 6 for Mac and 1Password 4 for Windows.I did notice I still got the Chrome error, but I'm in the middle of writing this comment so maybe after I close Chrome it will work properly. The Mac App works fine.

• Dknight54
    Dknight54
    Community Member
    Options

Just closed out "ALL" of my Chromes (had 1 opened I didn't noticed), still learning my way around the MacBook.

Everything's cookin' now. Only problem I see is it seems 1Password seems to be always open in Chrome, unlike Chrome with Windows that usually asks for my password quite off. Maybe Mac is more secure and doesn't need constant password notifications or I need to set a timer for password prompt.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

1PW has a related item 1PW Mini, and if you quit the main 1PW the Mini remains open, which is why you might not be asked for your password. There are options in the Security tab of 1PW preferences to lock after a time, or on sleep, etc. The choice will depend on your situation.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Dknight54, I'm happy to see that the browser extension is now working for you! I switched from Windows to Mac a few years ago, and I know that it can be daunting to learn how the same apps (like Microsoft Office or, in your case, 1Password) behave on different platforms.

There are several reasons why the extension might remain unlocked even though it's been a while since you last entered your Master Password. Can you please go to Preferences > Security and confirm that the boxes in the "Auto Lock" section are checked? Here's what my settings look like, for reference:

The extension still remains unlocked if I have the main 1Password app open, but whenever my MacBook goes to sleep -- or is simply unused for five minutes -- it locks again, asking me for my Master Password. Please let me know if that addresses your concerns! :)

• Dknight54
    Dknight54
    Community Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

You've lost me I don't see preferences. Here's a screenshot. What am I missing???
    Also, what's 1password mini and where is it at.
    Geez, I'm a real newbie at this. [Removed image to protect privacy]

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Dknight54 I edited your post to remove the screenshot, as it contained some personal information you don't want shared on these forums. To access 1Password's preferences, look in the menu bar at the top of your display, click 1Password > Preferences, then select the Security tab. That should take you to a page similar to the one from the screenshot I shared earlier. Did that work?

This discussion has been closed.