Switched to iCloud, now getting bad data

Options
N8QQW
N8QQW
Community Member

I switched my sync type from Dropbox to iCloud, which worked fine on all of my mobile devices. However, on the Mac, about 1/3 of my entries now say "Unnamed" and have no data. I tried going back to Dropbox, and have even completely uninstalled 1Password, but the results remain the same. How can I fix this?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 002
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @N8QQW ,

I'm sorry that this issue happened. I understand how jarring it can be to see your data altered like that. There is known issue when switching sync types that we are trying to track down and fix. We have a solution for you, but first, I'd like to get some diagnostic information from you from your Mac and your mobile devices:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s).

Now, here is how to resolve the problem:

1. Turn off sync on all of your devices.
    2. On your Mac, open the 1Password Preferences, click Backup, and restore from a Backup dated just before this happened. 1Password will then quit. Restart and verify the contents have returned.
    3. Go to the Help menu and choose Troubleshooting > Reset iCloud Data. If asked, enter your apple id and password. If you wish to use Dropbox, go into your Dropbox folder and remove the 1Password.agilekeychain file.
    4. Go to the Preferences, click on Sync, and set the sync to iCloud (or Dropbox if you wish to go back to Dropbox)

The last step assumes that you have no other 1Password data on these devices other than what you had on your Mac that you already restored in step 2. If you have other vaults that are not on your Mac, please do not do the next steps and let us know.

1. On your other devices, go into 1Password's Settings, tap Advanced, and tap "Erase Data and Settings"
    2. Go to Settings and set sync to iCloud (or Dropbox if you wish to go back to Dropbox).

Thank you so much for reporting this, and again, we are sorry that this happened and are working hard to find the cause. And please let us know if the solution above fixed it for you.

Regards,
    Kevin

• N8QQW
    N8QQW
    Community Member
    Options

Well, I have no idea when this issue first happened. I use 1Password on my mobile devices 95% of the time, so I would have used and added many entries before I noticed an issue with the Mac. Can I export the database from one of my iPads and then restore from that?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @N8QQW,

Do you mean that 1Password on your Mac doesn't have a recent backup (with all your latest data) from before the "unnamed" problem happened? And is everything still ok in 1Password on your iPads? If so, you can certainly save a backup file from one of the iPads and use that to restore the data to your Mac. Just follow the steps here: Creating and restoring 1Password backups in iTunes (iOS)

Please let us know how it goes and if you have more questions about that. Thanks! :)

• N8QQW
    N8QQW
    Community Member
    Options

That worked. Much better than the first option. :-)
    Thanks!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2016
    Options

Great, I'm glad to hear that worked! I'm sure it was a relief to see your data show up correctly in the Mac app again. :)

We're here for you if you need anything else. Cheers!

ref: HAQ-34999-361

This discussion has been closed.