I'm trying to reinstall 1pw4 on vista after a complete reset on my c drive.

I had to reset my c drive to factory defaults and then I reloaded everything from a backup but 1pw4 won't work. The folders and files are there but windows tells me something is missing and a reinstall should fix it. I have the original licence number, so how do I go about it?

1Password Version: 4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows vista
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:reinstalling 1password on vista

Comments

• Hi @petall,

Try to reinstall 1Password with the latest copy from here: http://agilebits.com/downloads

After that, reboot and it should work.

• petall
    petall
    Community Member

I've downloaded the 4.4.3 copy and rebooted but nothing happens. Am I missing a step here?

• Hi @petall,

You downloaded the browser extension, not the program, which is at 4.6.0.604.

1. Click on the blue Download button under 1Password for Windows: http://agilebits.com/downloads
    2. Run the installer and after it is installed, reboot the PC
    3. Open the main 1Password program from the start menu, does it let you unlock your vault now?
  • petall
    petall
    Community Member

I downloaded the right one but when I got to "open" it nothing happens, no install window pops up. So I went online and installed Windows installer 4.5 and rebooted and tried downloading again but again no installer pops up. Any ideas?

• Hi @petall,

Do you have any anti-malware solution installed that could be blocking 1Password?

How did you restore from the system backup exactly?

• petall
    petall
    Community Member

I've disabled my AVG firewall and malware protection, checked that the microsoft ones are also off, rebooted and downloaded 1pw again but it stubbornly refuses to open. I've even tried opening it from the download folder but no luck and it won't 'run as adminsitrator' either.
    I have all my programme files backup on an external hard drive. I used microsofts backup/restore programme to reload them onto the laptop. However, the files in 1pw on the laptop were considerably less than on the external hard drive, so I copies and pasted them into the one folder on the laptop.

• petall
    petall
    Community Member

finally got it to work but not sure why. I copied the download from the download folder to the desktop, zipped it and then extracted the file onto the desktop and then 'run as administrator' and lo, it worked.

thanks for the support though, it was appreciated

• That is so very unusual, @petall. We're sorry you had to go through this.

I can say with almost absolute certainty that this was an issue on your system and not with 1Password, which is why I would recommend you make sure the newly set up system works correctly lest your run into any other—potentially more serious—issues later on.

If there's ever anything else we can help you with, don't hesitate to write us again.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.